The students often face difficulty in scoring in Science. Compared to other subjects, Science has a broad curriculum and is also quite challenging. Students need to know the most important chapters in Class 10 Science notes to create an ideal schedule for preparation.
The most important chapters should always be studied first, then the less significant ones. Read on to learn about important chapters to learn while preparing for the class 10 Science CBSE exam.
Overview of Important Chapters for Class 10 CBSE Science Exams
Science is a fascinating subject. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology make up the three divisions of the class 10 Science paper. Students who have downloaded the class 10 Science notes can easily understand the chapters. Below are the important chapters in Class 10 Science notes with their essential topics for the Class 10 Science exam.
- Chemical Reactions and Equations: This chapter is vital for the class 10 Science exam. Revise important topics like types of Chemical Reactions, Oxidation-Reduction, and Corrosion from this chapter.
- Acids, Bases, and Salts: Important topics include the Reactions of Acids and Bases, the application of pH, and the formation of NaOH.
- Carbon and its Compounds: Important topics include the Nomenclature of Compounds, the Chemical Properties of Carbon Compounds, and Soaps and Detergents.
- Light-Reflection and Refraction: Revise important topics such as Reflection and Refraction of Light Mirror and Formula and Lens Formula.
- Human Eye and the Colourful World: Important topics for revision include Defects of Vision and their Correction, Scattering of Light, and Atmospheric Refraction.
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current: Revise Fleming’s Rule and Faraday’s Law of Electromagnetic Induction on priority.
Tips and Tricks to Prepare for the Class 10 Science Exam
- Make a suitable schedule, adjust it to the number of chapters, and determine which topic, like Carbon and Its Compounds Class 10 notes, requires greater effort.
- Examine sequentially, drawing good diagrams with accurate part labels.
- Students can utilise Carbon and its Compounds Class 10 Notes and other chapter notes for quick revision.
- Write down or underline the relevant remarks to help you concentrate on key topics during revision.
- Avoid learning new content the day or a few hours before the examination. It is better to revise previously studied topics.
- Obtain adequate sleep of 7-8 hours before the day of the exam.
Students should revise important chapters and topics from revision notes to retain more information about the chapters before examinations. This gives learners the information they need to prepare for the CBSE Science examinations in class 10. Finally, it helps you get high grades in your CBSE Class 10 Science exams.
- How can you easily score well in the Science subject of the CBSE Class 10 exam?
NCERT books are important in the board examinations. Therefore, thoroughly review it before reading any reference books on the topic. Students must carefully read the NCERT materials because they serve as the basis for the questions.
- What will be the marking pattern for the Science exam?
There are 30 questions in the exam, which are broken up into parts A, B, and C. MCQs and one-line answers are found in Section A, and three-mark short answer questions are found in Section B. Finally, part C has five marks lengthy answer questions. Equal weight is given to Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. There will be three sections in your Science Class 10 exam. Section A consists of 14 marks, Section B has 36 marks, and Section C has 30 marks.